The Climb Sickle is also present in the non-canonical Strider II/Returns, used by Hinjo. In the original home computer versions, however, its restricted to climbing walls only, being for some reason unable to attach to any ceiling.
Also simply referred to as Sickle or Kama (カマ), the Climb Sickle is a sickle-shaped instrument used by the Striders. A portable climbing hook, the sickle can be used to climb and freely move through vertical walls and other obstacles, as well as hanging from ceilings and other platforms. The sickle is effective to climb through walls of any angle and can pierce through surfaces of any material such as rock, metal, etc.
The Climb Sickle can also be used as a weapon, albeit Hiryu is very rarely seen using it as such, the only known instance being when he used it as a throwing weapon to kill one of the Zangi Brothers. While not in use, the Climb Sickle is stored in its sheath, strapped onto Hiryu's shoulder.
Pendulum AnchorEditNote: This section refers to a scrapped gameplay concept, and thus does not appear in the game proper.
The Pendulum Anchor (ペンデュラム・アンカー) is an unique Climb Sickle meant to be used by Hien. Much like his Geometrical Cypher, it greatly differs in shape and function to a basic Climb Sickle. Instead of a sickle shape this tool sports a straight small knife-like edge and works more akin to a grappling hook: when used, it shoots its blade forward with a wire attached to the handle, and Hien uses the momentum from a pendulum swing to quickly cross over any area.
- ↑ Wada, Tatsumi (November 10, 1989). Strider Hiryû. Chapter 1, Pg. 40. Kadokawa Shoten. ISBN 4-04-713009-5.
- ↑ Sega (September 1990, Mega Drive). Strider (English). Instruction Manual, Pg. 8
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Sega (September 1990, Mega Drive). Strider Hiryû (Japanese). Instruction Manual, Pg. 12
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 Staff (1993). "Capcom Illustration Gallery". Club Capcom (0). Pg. 11-12
- ↑ Wada, Tatsumi (December 1988). "Comic Comp". Strider Hiryû Gaiden, Pg. 326. Kadokawa Shoten.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Capcom (February 22, 2014). Strider Hiryu Visual Chronicle (Japanese). Pg. 33
- ↑ Staff (June 2000). "Strider Hiryu 2: Setting Document (Part 2)" (Japanese). Monthly Arcadia (06). Pg. 180.
|Strider Game Series|
| Strider (Home computers • Mega Drive • Master System • Turbo Duo • Sharp X68000 • PlayStation • Mobile Phones)|
Strider (NES) • Strider II/Returns • Strider 2 • Strider (2014)
Compilations • Crossovers
| Hiryu • Grandmaster Meio • Solo • Kuniang M.A. Team|
Tong Pooh • Hien • General Mikiel • Ouroboros
|Recurring Objects and Settings|
| Striders • Cypher • Climb Sickle • Options • Kazakh Federation|
Anti-Gravity Device • Mecha Pon • Flying Battleship Balrog • The Third Moon
| Isuke • Moto Kikaku • Patariro • Strider Hiryu (Manga) • Capcom Gamebooks|
Merchandise • Soundtracks