This is a list of minor groups and organizations featured in the backstory of the original Strider.
- For more information, see Tungusic peoples on Wikipedia
The Tungus Tribe (ツングーズ族) is a nomadic ethnic group mainly found on the mountainous areas of Eastern Siberia and the northeast regions of Asia.
Hiryu was born in a village belonging to the Tungus in the year of 2030. In the script written by Isuke, the Tungus Clan is also credited as the founders of the Striders around the end of the 19th Century.
Russia (ロシア) is the most powerful Eastern nation, and although never called such in official sources, the current form of the Soviet Union after surviving into the 21st Century. Referred to as an imperial territory with its Imperial Capital established on the Kazakh Federation, the country has engulfed the whole world into chaos. Eastern Europe suffers specially from the reckless administration of Kazakh, having led to the formation of rebel groups who constantly clash against government troops.
Taking advantage of the chaos spread across the world, Grandmaster Meio suddenly appeared on the year 2042 and seized control of the entire nation, making use of its advanced scientific prowess and military might in order to wage war against the western nations in a bid to rule the entire world.
The Allied forces (連合軍) refers to a contingent of powers, most likely western nations, joined together in order to resist and fight back Grandmaster Meio's attempts at world conquest. The conflict lasted for roughly 5 years since Meio's appearance, but the Allied forces were finally decimated after the introduction of Meio's greatest ace, the Flying Battleship Balrog, which left any city on its path in ruins.
The only known member of the group was Captain Beard Jr., a commanding director on their ranks. He, however, betrayed the Allies to join the Grandmaster after suffering a crushing defeat at his hands and losing two limbs and an eye as a result. He'd go on to become the captain of the Balrog.
- For more information, see General Dynamics on Wikipedia
General Dynamics (ゼネラルダイナミックス) is an American company specializing on the development and manufacturing of aircrafts.
The company has a small part as the developers of the Flying Tortoise (full name "General Dynamics F-29 Flying Tortoise"), an advanced manned aircraft model. Considered an extraordinary product, it is used extensively by the Kazakh Federation's army.
Amazon Female TribeEditThe Amazon Female Tribe (アマゾンの女人族) or Amazon Village (アマゾネスの集落) is a lost tribe found living in the secluded areas of the Amazon rainforest in Brazil, made up entirely of women. A tribe comprised exclusively of females, these Amazoness have developed their own culture completely isolated from the modern world. Their village is seemingly built on wooden structures at the top of large trees, and they feature several animal totems.
The Amazoness appear to be hunters, employing handaxes and boomerangs as their primary weapons. They can easily move across the treetops, as well as swing using the vines on the area. They are also good at taming animals, having turned the Triceratops roaming the forest into their steeds. The Amazoness utilize an unique, unknown language to speak.
Grandmaster Meio used this primitive village as part of an experiment, making them worship him as a God after he introduced the dinosaurs into the Amazon forest, under the simple belief he commands "big" and "strong" creatures. As such, they act hostile towards Hiryu when he enters their territory.
- For more information, see United Nations on Wikipedia
The United Nations or UN (国連) is an intergovernmental organization whose primary objective is to promote worldwide coopereation and maintain international peace, among others. The group is referenced in the backstory of the PC-Engine port of Strider.
Following Grandmaster Meio's appearance in the year 2042 and his attempt at world domination by force, the United Nations created the top secret agency "Striders" as a response, a group entirely dedicated to the protection of worldwide peace.
- ↑ Staff (1993). "Capcom Illustration Gallery". Club Capcom (0). Pg. 11-12
- ↑ Sega (September 1990, Mega Drive). Strider Hiryû (Japanese). Instruction manual, Pg. 18
- ↑ Capcom (October 2006, PlayStation). Gamebook: Strider Hiryu (Japanese). Pg. 20. ISBN 4-86233-076-2.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Sega (September 1990, Mega Drive). Strider Hiryû (Japanese). Instruction manual, Pg. 4
- ↑ Capcom (October 2006, PlayStation). Gamebook: Strider Hiryu (Japanese). Pg. 5. ISBN 4-86233-076-2.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 Strider Development Staff (March 1989). "Strider Hiryu Characters Original Image Collection". Gamest (30). Pg. 98-99.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Sega (September 1990, Mega Drive). Strider Hiryû (Japanese). Instruction manual, Pg. 25
- ↑ Staff (May 1989). "Strider Hiryu: Val-Rogue" (Japanese). Gamest (32). Pg. 4-5.
- ↑ Sega (September 1990, Mega Drive). Strider Hiryû (Japanese). Instruction manual, Pg. 26
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 10.2 Capcom (October 2006, PlayStation). Gamebook: Strider Hiryu (Japanese). Pg. 32. ISBN 4-86233-076-2.
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 11.2 Capcom (October 2006, PlayStation). Gamebook: Strider Hiryu (Japanese). Pg. 26. ISBN 4-86233-076-2.
- ↑ Dice Creative, Ltd. Strider Hiryu (in Japanese). (NEC Avenue). PC Engine CD-ROM². Level/area: Game introduction. (September 22, 1994).
| Russian Infantryman • Rascal • Flying Mosqueman • Mosqueman • Shadow Tag Bullets Soldier • Desert Soldier† • Giant Sandworm†|
Army Jeep† • Siberian Wolf • Wall Crawler • Frog • Balrog Marine Corps • Hit Mouse • Mr. Elephant • Amazoness
Poison Mushroom • Dinosaurs
| Strobaya • Novo • Ouroboros (General Mikiel) • Giant Antlion† • Sovkhoz Я (Tank Driver)† • Mecha Pon • Solo • Kuniang|
Anti-Gravity Device • Captain Beard Jr. • Lago • Grandmaster Meio
|St. Petersburg • Oil Fields† • Siberia • Flying Battleship Balrog • Amazon • The Third Moon|
| Cypher • Climb Sickle • Options (A, B, C) • Giant Flamethrower • Plasma Whirlwind • Summoning|
Striders • Kazakh Federation • Research Staffs • Minor groups • Glider • Flying Tortoise • Sky Thunder Mk-II • Navigator†
|† = Exclusive of the PC-Engine port|