|Hit Points:||1 HP|
Appears in Stage 1 (St. Petersburg)
A high-performance bipedal defense robot designed to serve the defense of the capital city of Kazakh, designed by the Rascal Research Staff some time after the creation of the Mosqueman robot. Rascals are small humanoid robots wearing fur hats and wielding what appears to be a bayonet. When ascending or descending slopes they don't walk normally but instead move slowly while doing small hops. Once they are close to a target, they start attacking with their blades, stabbing from their position. Despite wielding what appears to be a firearm, they never use it to shoot.
They are usually found moving in groups. Their small size works as an advantage to them, as normal attacks go right above them, and one needs to crouch down in order the destroy them. One can also collide with them while they attempt to attack and send them tumbling down inclines uncontrollably.
|Hit Points:||1 HP|
Appears in Stage 3 (Antarctica Research Lab), Scene 1.
An updated version of the Rascal, developed as a defense robot for Light Sword Cypher's Antarctica lab. They are seen wandering around the ice chunks in the lab's outside perimeter. They now move normally without any hopping around, and once they are in range of their target, they attack by doing a jump forward with the weapon thrust ahead. This, however, tends to send them flying straight into the cold waters around them.
- ↑ Sega (September 1990, Mega Drive). Strider (English). Instruction manual, Pg. 13
- ↑ Scion; Dire 51 (April 24, 2010). "Interview with Kouichi "Isuke" Yotsui". LSCM 4.0. Translated by Gaijin Punch. Accessed October 6, 2015.
- ↑ Capcom (October 2006, PlayStation). Gamebook: Strider Hiryu (Japanese). Pg. 13. ISBN 4-86233-076-2.
- ↑ Sega (September 1990, Mega Drive). Strider Hiryû (Japanese). Instruction manual, Pg. 18
- ↑ Gamest Staff (October 15, 1992). "Capcom Game Street". Gamest Extra: All Capcom (81). Pg. 42-45.