| Strider Hiryû|
Japanese Cover Art
|Release Dates:||November 27, 1992|
Strider Hiryû (ストライダー飛竜) for the Sharp X68000 is a port of the original coin-op game onto the aforementioned system, a Japan-exclusive home computer which was incredibly popular at the time. The port is a near perfect adaptation of the original arcade game, even moreso than the Mega Drive port. This is due to the fact that the Sharp X68000's hardware is virtually identical to Capcom's CPS-1 arcade board, which the first Strider used.
Since there's no american counterpart for the X68000 computer, the game remains a Japanese-exclusive release.
Differences with the ArcadeEdit
This is a very faithful port of the original arcade game with minimal changes. It contains a number of improvements and fixes that were not utilized in later ports.
CPS-1 native resolution: 384 by 224. Viewable gameplay area: 384 by 224.
x68000 native resolution: 384 by 224. Viewable gameplay area: 384 by 208. (Vertical viewable gameplay area is limited by the opaque HUD.)
As displayed on an arcade or x68000 monitor using a 4:3 aspect ratio resolution.
List of changesEdit
- As with the Genesis port, this version has a limited number of continues before the Game Over screen will appear.
- Fewer on-screen enemies.
- Fewer difficulty settings.
- Lower game difficulty.
- Longer loading times and disk swapping, due to the game being supplied on three 5¼ floppy disks.
- Updated code base including numerous bug fixes.
- Improved collision detection with the foreground tile layer.
- Minor pauses, increased sprite flicker and slowdown in several areas.
- A redesigned opaque HUD has been added.
- Omission of stage one (St. Petersburg) background and hi-score input screen starfields.
- Omission of a number of foreground graphics tiles used for damage effects.
- Clean-up of some background graphics tiles.
- Slightly altered color palette.
- Complete musical score.
- Updated musical score.
- Slightly lower instrument quality for music and sound effects.
- Alternate sounds used for certain enemies and effects.
- Inclusion of an Options setting, which includes difficulty setting (easy, medium and hard), number of players; as well as a music test and monitor + input configurations.
- Single player only.
- Registered trademark symbol on game title.
|Strider Game Series|
| Strider (Home computers • Mega Drive • Master System • Turbo Duo • Sharp X68000 • PlayStation • Mobile Phones)|
Strider (NES) • Strider II/Returns • Strider 2 • Strider (2014)
Compilations • Crossovers
| Hiryu • Grandmaster Meio • Solo • Kuniang M.A. Team|
Tong Pooh • Hien • General Mikiel • Ouroboros
|Recurring Objects and Settings|
| Striders • Cypher • Climb Sickle • Options • Kazakh Federation|
Anti-Gravity Device • Mecha Pon • Flying Battleship Balrog • The Third Moon
| Isuke • Moto Kikaku • Patariro • Strider Hiryu (Manga) • Capcom Gamebooks|
Merchandise • Soundtracks