Probably most people is already aware of this news, but still! The latest entry in the Marvel vs. Capcom series, Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite, received its 2nd batch of reveals a few days ago, including a story trailer and gameplay explanations. And among the eight new confirmed fighters to join the roster is Strider Hiryu!
Hiryu returns to the fighting world in his classic design (instead of the 2014 appearance from his latest game) and brings most of the same moves back as expected, but now with a few new moves to show.
The moves that have been spotted in both videos and screenshots include:
- His air slicing "Excalibur" attack.
- The long-ranged "Gram", which can be seen used in gameplay vids for some new combo options.
- His quick-stepping slash "Ame-no-Murakumo".
- "Formation B", where he summons and shoots Option A.
- His classic "Wall Climb", now with a new attack available: a back-dashing downward circular slash.
- Two of his old Hyper Combos, "Legion" and the ever-popular "Ouroboros" (although noticeably slower than previous entries)
- And a brand new Hyper Combo, an aerial barrage of multiple slashes all around him that's pretty clearly inspired in the Savage Slash from Strider 2.
Looking forward for new information when it drops!